Wednesday, November 2, 2011


Today, I woke up pretty late after spending the entire night doing research for my Film class project. We're shooting an infomercial, week after next and I have yet to find a location. Ximena proceeded to jump on my back several times and pound her toy car onto my poor head in order to wake me up so that I could make her cereal.

Sigh! I gave her Strawberry and Banana puree (her dad brought it for her) and poured 4 ounces of apple juice (Gerber) for her to drink. She normally sips it until all is gone which can take a whole day because she alternates between the 4 ounces of water I also pour out for her to drink, but today she almost chugged the whole thing down! I mean, I cant blame her....outside is soooo HOT! Just thinking about going outside would make anyone sweat, ha ha.

When she fell asleep I took the time to surf the net and do research for this article I'm writing for an online magazine.I got the first part written and the little monster woke up, aww man! I still love her though ;). I made myself a nice, large cup of Red Rose Tea, fixed myself a plate of lunch that my mom cooked and watched Dora the Explorer with my daughter. Afterwards, we 'paraded' up and down the bedroom, marching up and down practicing our walk and screaming at the top of our lungs before falling down on the bed in a fit of giggles. Good times :) Then "nana" (my mum) came for her and she ditched me to go spend time with grandma, bleh! -mutters- Traitor. Just kidding :p

I prepared for the gym during this time, searched high and low for my pair of sneakers and socks. I wore a simple exercise shorts and an oversized t-shirt, pulled my hair into a ponytail then placed in into an untidy bun. Presto! That was the end of that. I realised that my mom hadn't brought Ximena back yet so I took the opportunity to sterilize her bottles and storage containers as well as boil barley water. I strained the barley water and pour it into her hot water flask, then I washed out both the pot and the pan so that I could chop vegetables to boil for Ximena. Which reminds me, I have yet to mash them.... Be right back.

I'm back, I placed the mashed food into storage containers and placed them in the freezer so they would not spoil. Where was I? Oh right, I thought I had gym for 2:30 turns out I was half an hour early but it was okay. Why you may ask? Because the gym is next door, ha ha! No, seriously.... Its next door.
So I spent as much time with my daughter before I left, I let her walk around the bedroom without holding on to anything and she felt so 'fussy'. She even clapped for herself! I'm so proud of her.

At 3:00 we walked next door to be greeted by the gym instructor. We got started on the exercise bike, then did squats with a blue ball he had given us. Between each exercise, we had to mount the bike. Our sessions are half an hour long, as our instructor says its not about how much time you dedicate to doing it, its how much work you do in the time frame that you have. You can exercise for three hours and get the same results as if you had been exercising for half an hour. Discipline is the key factor in exercising; without discipline you can end up making little to no progress. I try to as healthy as I used to growing up but with so much going on in my life right now, I find that such a hard task to accomplish. In that time frame we had, we used dumb bells, did bench presses with our legs, lifted weights, etc. I tried to give it my all, I really did. No slowing down, no stopping....  I kept pushing myself because this is what I want. I want to be healthy, to be a great example for my daughter (she may not understand now but she will later), to be an inspiration to my mother and overall just gain a little weight. I'm tired of being the same old skinny Ronelle I have been for the past 19 years, its time for a change. On the topic of change, I have to get my hair re-dyed auburn tomorrow, I have an important meeting/job interview on friday. Wish me luck!

After class, I showered, dressed and waited for the rain to stop falling so that I could leave home. My feet were aching and I can't remember the last time I've ever felt so worn out. As much as I would have loved to be able to go to sleep in my bed, I knew I had to go into town to buy finger food and puree food for Ximena as well as purchase something for myself.  During this time, I feed my daughter Wheat & Honey Cereal made with the Barley water (she loves it). Sadly, as soon as she was finished, the rain stopped and it was time for mummy to leave. When Ximena realised this, she cried... I felt so guilty. I gave her a big hug and a kiss then told her not to worry, that I would be back as quickly as I was about to leave.

 It was minutes to six o'clock pm when I had left home and outside grew dark. We went to the bus stop to catch a bus, after waiting only a few minutes a bus came and we boarded it with my laptop bag and my suitcase with my mani/pedi tools. I sat next to some drunkard in the bus who kept questioning me as to where I was going and where I had come from. I politely discarded all his queries and hoped to God he did not put his hands on me. When he didn't I sighed a sigh of relief but I was sadly mistaken if I thought it was over. He vomited in the bus.... not once but twice. Thank God none got on me but others weren't so lucky, neither was my suitcase ( just a little got on the wheel). We stopped to help a lady change her clothes and wipe off any vomit on her with wet wipes. Soon after, we were on our way.

As we walked, we came upon a public affair. I wasn't sure what it was, I still do not know actually. All I can tell you was that it was in front of the parliament buildings. We squeezed our way through the thick crowds, putting our manners to use throughout the entire 'maze'. It seemed as though the entire of Barbados came out for this event, the young and the old were there despite the rain. I stopped at a vendor and bought Ximena a Go Diego Go! plush doll. I do hope she likes it.

I met a friend in town who practically saved my life and I am eternally grateful. He offered me a ride to my destination and even gave me a ride to the supermarket. Thank you! I haven't decided which flavour puree I'm going to give her tomorrow. I guess i'll let her decide, ;) I bought her some Gerber Graduates (Crawler) Arrow Root Biscuits, I hope she finds those easy to chew.

I also got a mini manicure and pedicure, and my nails painted in a simple nude colour. I like it :).  Oh! My grandmother called me today and asked me what primary school I was sending Ximena to, well gran-gran... its a bit too early to be thinking about that but I can see your point. Well anyways, its 5:30 and ximena probably going to wake up soon so I shall be off to bed to salvage whatever sleep I can get. Until later... Ciao!

(The arrow root finger food)

(I decided to go with the one on top)

Inspirational Quote: You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back ~ William D. Tammeus

Signing Out

No comments:

Post a Comment