Sunday, July 22, 2012

For The Love Of Modeling...

Recently, I've been busy enjoying my summer to the fullest, which also included photo-shooting. It all started when a photographer friend of mine asked me to come down to his studio to help him test of his equipment. So at 10 pm, we were at the studio with another close photographer friend of mine, Darren Williams. Who was kind of enough to assist on the shoot and he was very helpful :). Earlier in the evening, I had a make-up practical done on me by a classmate at SJPP, so all there was to do was change my clothes and strap on my heels. Without further ado, here's the finished product that I have received:


Photographer: Franz Gittens
Assistant: Darren Williams
Model: Ronelle King
Make-Up Artiste: Unknown



Photographer: Franz Gittens
Assistant: Darren Williams
Model: Ronelle King
Make-Up Artiste: Unknown


Photographer: Franz Gittens
Assistant: Darren Williams
Model: Ronelle King
Make-Up Artiste: Unknown

I found them both pleasurable to work with and I'd do it again if the opportunity were to arise once more. I really enjoyed myself and one could see that from my second photo. What I like most about that photo is that there are hardly any photos of me smiling. Personally, I'm not one to take photos of myself or let others do so but when I'm on set being made up and changed into clothing... there's something about that process that makes me love it. As well as the artistic side of it but I'll get into that another time. Let's just say that after my first shoot which was with Photographer Dave Cox, I've been addicted to being in front the camera (modeling) ever since.

My second shoot was with Photographer Andrew Browne at the beach and that was a short and interesting shoot. There has been only ever once I've had to take directions from a photographer and Andrew succeeded in giving me them well. We got along absolutely fine, when I arrived we took some photos in what I had worn and then I had to change which required me to run across the road and into a family friend's home in order to change because the beach's bathroom was locked. I did it quite fast and I was rather proud of myself. Of all the photos we took.. this is the one I love the most:



Photographer: Andrew Browne
Make-Up Artiste: Ronelle King
Model: Ronelle King

What I adore about this photo is the innocence that it portrays, I usually one to be taking 'fierce' photos and its nice to see a smiling photo or a 'soft' photo in this case every once in a while. In this photo and the others above you can see that I got a second piercing and that I dyed my hair ... again, which I'll tell you guys all about as well as other 'changes' in a post coming soon #CreatingXilomen. Thank you so 'accompanying' me  on my journey and I hope you've been enjoying it so far...

Inspirational quote: "Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow" - Doug Firebaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment