Wednesday, October 3, 2012

They Call Me The Dream Chaser

Once again I'm guilty of being inactive on my blog, I'm going to try to do something about that. These days I've been rather busy, I did a couple photo shoots, fashion shows and even some singing. Let's start from the beginning:

I answered a casting call on ModelMayhem from RadBe Photography, a Bajan born photographer based in Connecticut. We met up at the (abandoned) Almond Beach Hotel where we did a casual fashion shoot. It was great working with Rad, not only did he embrace my craziness.. he took the time to find out my weaknesses and worked very hard in helping me overcome them. We climbed arch structures, braved mosquitoes, crawled and shot silhouettes in the setting sun. Hard work always pays off and here are a few photos from the finished product:

  







I had also gotten two photos from my previous shoot with my friend, Franz Gittens. After our first shoot, we decide to do another shoot but being that I didn't bring any other clothes, I had to improvise. Hope you like them!


Photographer: Franz Gittens
Photographer: Franz Gittens

Recently, I auditioned for the PHOTACC panel to become part of their model base. I walked at the Small Business Association's "Fashion Show" and the Saint Philip's Constituency Council Annual Trade Show's "Fashion Show". I collaborated with amazing designers such as Orlando Williams, owner of LindaBelle Creations and Designs, talented make-up artistes (Anansah and Alfie Litcot) and amazing models, whom I hope to work again with in the near future. Shemara Morris was one in particular, a single mother and aspiring model whom I became fast friends with. She's confident, beautiful, a trend setter and not afraid to stand for what she believes in even if it means standing alone. She has a smile that would light up an entire room not to mention a walk that makes everyone in the room stop what they are doing and pay attention. She makes her presence known and I have a feeling she will make an impact in the fashion world for petite models. Here's to making dreams come true!

Model: Shemara Morris
Photographer: Risee Chadderton
Girl Next Door Publication

Inspirational Quote: " All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Signing Out,

Xilomen

No comments:

Post a Comment