Monday, October 8, 2012

The Voice Within

Last night, I sang in Semi-final #1 of the Richard Stoute Teen Talent Contest. A great friend of mine, Zoe Trotman, was my fairy godmother and provided me with the necessities I would have lacked in order to perform in the show. Orlando Williams, aided in sponsoring me but unfortunately I was unable to fit into the dress but luckily I had brought a spare dress. Raven, was my hair stylist and make-up artiste for the evening.

I sang, "Part Of Your World" by Jodi Benson, because I felt that my rendition of, "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" by Madonna, needed more work. I learned the musical version and was having a hard time replacing it with the studio version. I needed more time and that was the one thing I did not have, a few hours the most. In my stage presence, I felt I have done more.. I tend to hinder myself because of my nervousness. It's like I'm paralyzed but I force myself to move every 5 seconds like clockwork so that I would not stay in the same position the entire song. During the instrumental in my second song, "Memory" by Elaine Paige, I wondered to myself..."What the hell am I going to do? Its at least 15+ secs." However, vocally I was commended on being "on point" by several members in the audience, the contestants and the backstage employees. All I can do now is hope that I earned a spot in the finals and if I have... I have a lot of work cut out for me. I'd hate to lose my chance in winning this competition because I let my nerves get the better of me. I know that I have what it takes, I practice everyday... I hear my ability and I know that I can only get better. 

I'd like to thank those who continuously support me... you guys are the best :).

Inspirational quote: "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. - Henry Ford"

Signing Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment